How to sell in this materialistically exhausted world

There are too many STUFF,  in my house, in this city, in my laptop and in my mind.

We've got money, we've got stores and malls.

It's such a exhilarating world for any shoppers to live to date.

But how about for sellers?  We need to sell more stuff to make money to buy more stuff.


Aw, let's take a break.  Things are meant to be making my life happier and more content, so how come products are messing my life and it's getting so hard to sell on the other?

This is because, people pay money for something which REDUCE what they need to do.
This can be applied to almost all kinds of electronics, including washing machines, vacuums, cell phones, softwares and music players.

Why iPhone was revolutionary and sold as much is it reduces what people need to think, carry, watch, buy and work.  For all other electronics this is the same and seems very obvious.  But for some reason, this simple fact is invisible in social media, online business, many company's product and other type of publishing.

iPhone's design is excellent, and other phones are also beautiful and good looking.  The reason why I still believe iPhone and other Apple products are best is they reduce what I need to do.

For example, I need to install a security software to use any Android phones, then I will need to update it and may need to delete/modify it later on.  When it was infected then it's out of question.  Now OSX Mavericks update my apps automatically with notifications.  I can allocate my thoughts and attention to other things which matter more than maintaining a machine.

This is the most basic principle in designing any tool.  Tools exist for human use, so if it's giving us any stress, it's failure of design and functionality.  Universally speaking, tools are better when it's closer to human intuition.

Simplify!!...then it will sell well.

Comments

Popular Posts